Type Here to Get Search Results !

Bogues Compounds in Cement and uses

 Bogues Compounds

Composition of Cement- Click Here឴឴͏๓ „๐Ÿ‘ˆ

When these ingredients of the cement are intergrinding & burnt they fuse with each other, leading to the formation of complex chemical compound which are not formed simultaneously & are referred as bogues compound.

Manufacturing of Cement

1-Tricalcium aluminate-

[3CaO.Al2O3]-C3A- [Celite] (4-14) %

It undergoes hydration within 24 hour of the addition of water in the cement. It is responsible for flash setting of the cement & also leads to the volume change in it thereby is responsible for development of cracks in it. It releases maximum heat of hydration during its formation. Shrinkage takes place because hydration occurs due to C3A and volume of cement change takes place.

2-Tetra calcium alumino ferrite-

[4CaO.Al2O3.Fe2O3]-C4AF- [Felite]-(10-18)%

It also goes hydration within 24 hr. after the addition of water in it.it is observe to have worst cementing property .It does not impart any property in the cement.

3-Tri calcium silicate-

[3CaO.SiO2]-C3S-[Aelite]-(45-65) %

It undergoes hydration within a week after the addition of water into the cement.it is responsible for development of early strength in the cement. Hence, if in any engineering Construction early strength is required proportion of C3S is increased considerably.It also increases the resistance of the cement against freezing and  thawing (Melting). It possess the best cementing property among all the bogues compound.

Example

1- Cold weather concreting.  

2- Pavement construction.  

3- Where form work is to be reutilize for speedy construction.  

4- Speedy Construction.

4-Di calcium silicate -

[3CaO.SiO2 ] C2S-[Belite]-(15-35) %

It undergoes hydration within a year after the addition of water into the cement. Hence is responsible for development of progressive strength in it.it also increases the resistance of cement against the action of chemicals. If in any engineering Construction progressive strength is required, proportion of C2S is increased. Example- Dams, bridges. Etc. 

Descending order of rate of hydration- C3A>C3S>C4AF>C2

Descending order of heat of hydration- C3A>C4AF>C3S>C2

1- Heat of hydration of OPC at the age of 7 days is approximately 89 to 90 cal/gm& at the age of 28 days is in the range of 90 to 100 cal/gm. 

2- C3S requires approximately 24% of the water by weight for the hydration .whereas C2S requires approximately 21% of water by weight for its hydration. 

3- Cement is total requires 23% water by weight for its complete hydration. About 15% of water is entrapped in the voids of the cement particles.it is not available for hydration process. Hence total water required for complete hydration of cement is approximately 38%.

๐Ÿ‘‰Part-1- Constituents Present in OPC
๐Ÿ‘‰Part-2- Bogues Compound in Cement and Uses
๐Ÿ‘‰Part-3- Testing of Cement Consistency Test
๐Ÿ‘‰Part-4- Initial and Final Setting time Test of Cement
๐Ÿ‘‰Part-5- Compressive and Tensile Strength Test of Cement
๐Ÿ‘‰Part-6- Different Types of Cement and their Uses 


Download Cement Chapter PDF NowClick Here


Contact info- iesguruji@gmail.com

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad